Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Called to Serve

You know it may sound a little strange to some people but I really enjoy spending time driving the sister missionaries around and getting to really feel the spirit that they bring to peoples lives. Even if its just for the short moments we get to be with someone I feel like they are really connected to the spirit.

I was talking to my husband yesterday and telling him that I really feel like the whole reason I am called to be with the sisters right now is not only for the investigator's benefit but also  to help me grow in the gospel and in my testimony of this church and our Heavenly father. I know that as I am preparing myself and my family to go to the Temple and be sealed for all time and eternity that this is one of the ways that my loving Father in Heaven is helping me prepare. I am ofcourse doing other things that will help me but I feel as though I needed a boost so to speak to really get me in the right direction. I know that through my Father in Heaven I am able to get back on the right path and go wherever it is that He needs me to go.

 Without a doubt I am one of the luckiest woman on this planet at the moment. I strongly encourage anyone who has the opportunity to go out and spend time with your missionaries whether they be Elders or Sisters you should do it. It will not only help them in their mission but it will help you be a better person. I was told once that if an investigator has a connection to someone in the ward they are more likely to not only be baptized but have a stronger hold in the church. I find this to not only be true because of what I was told but because on several occasions I have gotten to see it first hand. We should all be willing to give up a small piece of our time to do something to really help our missionaries in anyway we can. You may not be able to drive them around but you can have lessons taught in your home with an investigator. I know that sounds a little scary cause that means we have to get out there and open our mouths about what we really are. But its what God really wants us to do. He wants all of his children to know of Him and His Son and He really wants us all to be with Him again in heaven. We have to do what He is asking us to do no matter how scared we are. If there is only one thing I learn from this whole process it is this. Its hard to be rejected when you are opening up yourself to people but the end result is much better than not doing anything and letting that soul go without our Father in Heavens word and Love.

I know that this is probably not what you were expecting when you got ready to read this post but I really feel like someone out there in cyber world really needed to hear it. I hope I touched at least one persons life today and made you feel the calling to help.

Blog at you later

No comments:

Post a Comment