Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Im starting this weeks early since Im not sure of my day tomorrow.
 

1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013- fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru. Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.

I would have to say the first word I think should be banned from everyday speech is Guru. Mostly because no one is using it in the right sense. The true meaning of Guru is a intellectual or spiritual guild or leader. Not just anyone who thinks they are good at something.

2.  When was the last time you rode a train?  Where did you go?

Never. I have always wanted to ride a train but have never really gotten the chance.

 3. Bagels-yay or nay?  Favorite 'flavor'?  Favorite topping?

I say yay. I don't always want one but when I do they are good. I don't really have a favorite flavor or topping.

 4.  'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?

I don't really know that I would choose any of them honestly. I have a few that I loved seeing but I just don't want to be in the movies.

 5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you?  Do you think kids perform better if seperated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination?  If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children?
I don't think that they need to be separated all the time but in some circumstances I think it would be a good thing. They really need the interaction with each other  because live is not divided by gender.

6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?

I would have to say having someone else do the cleaning for me at the end of the stay.

 7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013?  What's the story behind your choice?

since the year has just started I would say no for now.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I think my random thought for today is just to be open to anything that is coming your way. It may be for you or for someone else but you wont know that until its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment